Five Top Mistakes Made by Home Buyers

  1. Not knowing how much you can afford before you make an offer.

    The easiest way to avoid this mistake is to be pre-approved for a mortgage by a lender so you know in advance exactly how much you can afford.

  2. Not realizing in advance who the real estate agent represents.

    Most people assume their agent is working for them. But unless he or she is working as a buyer’s agent, he or she represents the seller.

  3. Not realizing the wrong mortgage can cost thousands of dollars in needless interest and taxes.

    Check with your accountant before you make a final decision on which mortgage you choose. Your CPA will be able to tell you what the long-term effects will be on your income.

  4. Not discovering hidden defects before they buy a house.

    One of the most expensive mistakes is also one of the easiest to avoid by having a professional pre-purchased home inspection.

  5. Not knowing how much their credit can affect their ability to buy or refinance a home.

    Before you buy a house many of the clouds on your credit history can be cleared up, or even eliminated. Your mortgage professional can help you prepare your credit file in advance.

Don’t make these mistakes!
Contact a Bosshardt REALTOR® today.

Moving is Hard!

Because moving is never easy, Bosshardt Realty Services, LLC has a department specifically dedicated to helping individuals and companies with relocation. Our department assists people moving in and out of the Gainesville area. Through ERC®, an international relocation network, Bosshardt is able to coordinate with more than 4,000 real estate offices nationwide.

When moving to a new area, it’s always comforting to have a friend to show you around. At Bosshardt Realty you do.

Call our Relocation Director Merissa Felder today!

Merissa Felder, Relocation Director
Bosshardt Realty Services, LLC
5542 NW 43rd Street
Gainesville, FL 32653
(352) 371-6100, ext. 493
(352) 240-2710 (fax)

Enrolling Your Child in School

We welcome you and your child to the Alachua County school system. If you have questions about enrolling, don’t be concerned. You’ll find answers to the most commonly asked questions listed below.

How old does my child have to be to attend school?
Under state law, a child must be 5 years old by September 1st to enter kindergarten. To enter first grade, a child must be 6 by September 1st, and must have attended kindergarten.

How do I know which school my child will attend?
The Zoning Office at the School Board of Alachua County can identify your child’s school. Contact the office at (352) 955-7700, provide your address, and you will be given the name and address of the school your child will be attending.

How do I go about enrolling my child in the school?
You may go to the school at any time during regular hours to enroll your child, even during the summer. You may also call the school to make an appointment.  

What sort of paperwork will I need to enroll my child?
You should bring the following items to the school:

Two proofs of residence
This may be a rental or lease agreement, utility bill, deed, sales agreement or property tax bill.

Health records
The Department of Health Form 680 is the required immunization document. You can ask the staff at your doctor’s office, clinic or the Alachua County Health Department to fill out the form for you. You will need to have your child’s immunization record with you in order to obtain the form. You may also bring a copy of the official, documented immunizations which your child has received at his or her doctor’s office to the school. School nurses can transfer those vaccinations to the Florida form.

Proof of name and age
A certified copy of a birth certificate or an acceptable substitute is required by Florida law for children entering kindergarten. An acceptable substitute may be:
1. Baptismal certificate showing date of birth and place of baptism, accompanied by parent’s sworn affidavit
2. Insurance policy on child which has been in force at least two years
3. Bible record of child’s birth accompanied by parent’s sworn affidavit
4. Passport or certificate of arrival in the United States showing age of child
5. School record, at least four years prior, showing date of birth
6. Parent’s sworn affidavit accompanied by certificate of examination
School records
Items such as withdrawal forms, standardized test scores and recent report cards will help the school place your child appropriately. If you don’t have these items, provide the school with the name and address of your child’s previous school so the necessary information can be obtained.
Social Security card
We request that you bring your child’s Social Security card. A copy will be made and kept with your child’s folder for identification purposes.

Who can I call for more information?
The Zoning Office can answer any other questions you may have. Contact the staff at (352) 955-7700. They’ll be happy to help.

Information was compiled from the School Board of Alachua County’s web site at

Contact a REALTOR® today!

*Required Fields
First Name*
Last Name*
E-mail Address*
Phone Number