If you’ve got a sweet tooth but want to try something unique, Gainesville has got you covered. With everything from local coffee shops with a large selection of coffees and tea from around the world to vegan and gluten-free cupcakes, whatever craving you have is sure to be satisfied.
- Sarkara Sweets is a build-your-own-cupcake shop located in Union Street Station. With gluten free, vegan, raw options, there’s sure to be a sweet treat for everyone. Check out their menu here.
- If you need a spot to study, hang out with friends, play some games, or just read, Maude’s Classic Cafe is a great downtown spot to go. They have a great menu, ranging from coffee and tea to salads, sandwiches and desserts. Here’s an insider tip: You can call ahead a few days and order a cheesecake, made by the owner himself, for a special occasion.
- Centrally located Karma Cream specializes in organic ice cream with vegan, gluten-free and other all-natural options. They also have bakery, drinks and sandwiches on their menu.
- If you’re a coffee enthusiast, you’ll enjoy exploring what Volta Coffee, Tea & Chocolate has to offer. They serve espresso drinks, brewed coffees, teas, drinking and solid chocolates and bakery items in a trendy downtown atmosphere.
- If you want something cool, Sweet Dreams homemade ice cream has a wide range of flavors that are made fresh daily. They also offer sorbet, Italian ice on Mondays, no added sugar and dairy free options.
- Yogurt enthusiasts will enjoy Mochi, a self-serve yogurt bar with flavors from tart to taro and more toppings than you can imagine. Your yogurt creation is weighed and you pay by the ounce, and afterwards you can enjoy it in their futuristic shop (it was designed by Magnum X, a design + build firm that’s locally based).